Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Kicks

I first heard about TOMS Shoes a few years ago, and learned that their philosophy was to give a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair purchased. They also sponsor "One day without shoes" to grow awareness for those who have to go without shoes and other basic needs that those of us who are privileged often take for granted. I wanted to buy a pair as soon as I learned about them, but I believe I was on my limited seminarian budget at the time, so I had to wait. Well now that I actually have a steady income and I was in need of a new pair of shoes appropriate for spring I decided to get some TOMS. While they've expanded their styles significantly (and even sell sunglasses in addition to shoes) I decided to go with the "classic" style. If you're in the market for a new pair of shoes (or sunglasses) I suggest you check them out!

No comments: