Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happiness = Painted Toenails

It's a little ironic that I'm writing this post on one of the coldest days of this month so far, but I'm excited that it has been warm enough at other times this month to bring out my flip flops and bare toes from their winter hibernation! And of course with their re-appearance comes the desire for some colorful adornment. I had planned to take care of this early last week but just never got around to it. So when I was in Maryland this past weekend visiting friends and family, and my four-year-old cousin wanted to paint my toenails I figured, why not? Though she regularly has colorful finger and toe nails, thanks to her mom, I don't think she actually does much of the painting. I was aware of this going into it, but they are toenails after all. No one is looking at them that closely. (Believe me. No one wants to get close to my stinky gross feet.) Aside from my having to wipe away some drips and globs, she actually did a decent job with only a little help. And I was pretty amused and pleased with her (totally self-sufficient) choice of two alternating colors. Now whenever I look at my feet I'm reminded of my favorite four-year-old and I smile.

No comments: