Monday, February 22, 2010

Needling around: Part 2

In addition to my new sewing projects, I am still continuing to knit and crochet. Since I haven't posted about these projects lately I thought I'd share some. I recently finished a hat for myself. I love the bulky yarn I picked for it, and it will make the hat nice and warm. However, it was a little difficult to work with, especially since it was my first project on circular and double-pointed needles. I have some yarn with colors in it that will complement the hat's color, that I plan to make a scarf and mittens from. I'm also still working on a prayer shawl I started a long time ago. It's been a long process because I keep getting bored with it and set it aside for a while, since it needs to be so large. I'm hoping to finish it within the next month though, so I'll update you with a picture once it's finished. The other picture below is of some cotton yarn I found when I was at Michael's buying some sewing supplies. I have lots of this same kind of yarn for making dishcloths, but I thought this color pattern was so pretty I had to buy it. I'm using it currently to try a crocheted dishcloth (I've always knitted them until now).

No comments: