Monday, October 27, 2008

I Voted!

Today I voted! By absentee ballot, of course. I wanted to post about it for a few reasons.
First, to encourage everyone to vote! I'm not going to tell you who to vote for, because everyone has the right to choose. I'm also not going to tell you in this post who I voted for, partly because working in a church makes things like that a little tricky. Most of you probably know anyway, but if you want to know, you can ask via email.
Second, because this is an historic election. I don't care who you support, you have to acknowledge that. And it's because of candidates for both major parties! We have an African American AND a woman on the ballot this year! Awesome. I have to admit, I got a little emotional when I was looking at my ballot.
Please take the opportunity to be part of history and VOTE. If you don't vote, you don't deserve to complain about the outcome. And if you're still undecided, my advice is to read about each candidates stand on the issues on each of their websites and make your decision based on what they have to say about themselves, NOT on what the other candidate says about them and the mudslinging that is occuring in both directions.
Whatever the outcome, the next president is going to have a tough job turning this country around. Pray for them. (BOTH of them.)

1 comment:

Katy said...

hey...just wanted to tell you that I am thinking about you! I hope you are doing OK!!! xoxo