Friday, January 20, 2012

Check!

I can check off my first item on my 12 in 2012 list! I have successfully completed item #10: I purchased a new laptop computer! I did a bit of online research and made a couple visits to Best Buy and today I was able to leave the store with an HP laptop all set up and ready to go. It's nice and light and on the smaller side (size-wise) without sacrificing storage and capabilities. I'll learn more about it as I use it, but I've enjoyed playing around with it this evening and it seems to have what I need without being too fancy or too cheap. YAY!! It even has a built-in webcam. I thought about taking a picture with it, but what I really want to show you a picture of is the computer, and I can't take a picture of the computer with the camera on the computer. And I don't feel like messing with my digital camera and cords and downloading. So you'll just have to deal, unless I decide to upload a picture later. I'm glad to FINALLY have a new computer, and I hope it works out and lasts long enough to make it worth it! I have made some progress on a few other items, but the only one to really note at this point is that I finished my first book of the year: The Postmistress by Sarah Blake. It was a recommendation based on another book I liked, and I ended up really liking it as well. I've been surprised to discover that I like historical fiction more than I thought I did.

No comments: