Monday, March 2, 2009

Nor'easter

Ok, now I totally regret any teasing or smug thoughts I may have sent in the direction of my family and friends in more snow-laden areas of the country. Because I know there is currently NO snow on the ground in my hometown in western PA, but there is somewhere around TEN inches of snow on the ground here at the Jersey shore. RIDICULOUS! It seems like the whole state of New Jersey is pretty much shut down today. Schools and such are closed, and there is nobody in at the church, so theoretically that means I should be able to play and enjoy the snow day. However, I have a lot of work that needs to be done, and much of it is stuff that can be done at home. I'm not going to let it ruin my chance for fun though. I've had a fairly productive morning, so if I keep it up for a while longer, I think I will venture outside to play in the snow with Sadie this afternoon. As you can see from the picture, she's already been romping around in it a little. It took some coaxing to get her out the door, considering the snow is literally piled up to the door, but after she took her first few tentative steps she realized it wasn't going to hurt her and she seemed to enjoy it. Or at least I enjoyed watching her!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Nice pictures of the snow, and a cute one of Sadie playing in the snow.